WHO WE ARE
My Zumba Body is a Florida limited liability company with its principal place of business at Orlando, Florida USA 33009 (“My Zumba Body”, “us,” “we” or “our”). If you are resident in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, My Zumba Body is the responsible party or data controller with respect to Personal Data (defined below) we collect. If you have any questions or concerns at any time, please do not hesitate to contact us at the address above or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
WHAT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU DO WE COLLECT?
You may visit and browse the Sites without providing Personal Data. However, this may limit your ability to receive certain features, products or services from us.
Information you give us: We receive and store information you supply to us or permit us to access. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, image, gender, date of birth, height, weight, lifestyle choices such as sleeping eating and exercise habits, email address, billing address, mailing address, billing information, telephone number, credit card number, credit card expiration date, shipping address, log-in name and password, social network username, calendar, location (GPS) information, Usage Information (as defined below), and electronic opt-in notifications that you authorize, including, but not limited to, third party opt-in options.
Information automatically collected: We automatically receive and store certain types of information regarding your interaction with, and use of, our products and services. For example, as is common practice, we use “cookies” and similar technologies to obtain and determine certain information when your browser accesses the Sites including, but not limited to, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, email address, browser type and version, operating system and platform. For users of our mobile service(s), we automatically receive your location when you use the service. We may also receive other information from your mobile device, such as a device identifier. A device identifier is a small data file stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identifies your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by us. We or our third-party service providers may also use a variety of technologies that passively or automatically collect information about how the Sites is accessed and used (“Usage Information”), including your browser type, device type, operating system, application version, the pages served to you, the pages accessed by you, the time you browse, preceding page views, and your use of features or applications on the Sites. This statistical data helps us understand what is interesting and relevant to users of the Sites so we can best tailor our content. We may also use web beacons or pixel tags, which are transparent graphic images placed on a web page or in an email and indicate that a page or email has been viewed or tell your browser to get content from another server.
Information about you given to us by third parties: We may receive information about you from third parties that feature our programs, products, services, or promotional offers if you opt-in to receive information from us. You may also choose to participate in a third party application or social media site through which you allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, including Usage Information and certain Personal and/or Non-Personal Data.
WHAT ABOUT COOKIES?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features for using our services. Cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of the features of our services and the Sites, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
WHAT KIND OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
Cookies come in different varieties and our services may use several of those types. Broadly speaking, we use one or more of the following categories of cookies:
Strictly Necessary Cookies – These cookies are essential to enable you to navigate the Sites and use their features. Without these cookies, services like the shopping cart cannot be provided.
Performance Cookies – These cookies collect information about how you use the Sites or other services we provide — for instance, which webpages you go to most. This data may be used to help optimize the Sites and our services and make it easier for you to navigate. These cookies may also be used to let our affiliates know if you came to the Sites from an affiliate and if your visit resulted in the use or purchase of a product or service from us, including details of the product or service purchased. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and is therefore anonymous.
Functionality Cookies – These cookies allow us to remember choices you make while browsing. For example, we may store your geographic location in a cookie to ensure that we show you the Sites localized for your area. They may also be used to keep track of what featured products or videos have been viewed to avoid repetition. The information these cookies collect will not personally identify you, and they cannot track your browsing activity on third-party websites.
Targeting Cookies – These cookies are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
WHAT IF YOU DO NOT WANT COOKIES?
The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. You can find out more about how your browser handles cookies by visiting the links below:
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA?
The Personal Data we collect when you create a profile on the Sites will be used for identification and authentication purposes across our services, so you can use the same account details to log in from any location and on any device. The global single sign-on will allow our systems to identify you wherever you are in the world, meaning you will not need to register with us again if you are signing-in from a different country. It is necessary to process your Personal Data in this way for the performance of a contract between you and Zumba.
In addition, we will create a profile for you with the information needed to provide you with our products or services. The Personal Data we collect from the other sources listed above will be used in the format it is received, or, where appropriate, will be combined with Personal Data we obtain from other internal or external sources. We use and analyze this Personal Data where necessary for the purposes detailed below:
- Registering for My My Zumba® Body: we use relevant Personal Data (including your name, address email address, and payment details) in connection with your registration to attend a My Zumba® Body Instructor Training Course, and to notify you of the status of the training course and any details related thereto. It is necessary to process your Personal Data in this way for the performance of a contract between you and Zumba.
- My Zumba® Body we use your Personal Data to communicate with you from time-to-time by email, mail, SMS, phone and/or other electronic means concerning your license(s), the status of your license(s), and your benefits as a licensee. These communications include transactional communications concerning your license, and/or products or services you may purchase; offers, promotions and discounts available to you as a licensee or former licensee; and information, offers, promotions, and discounts about our programs, products, services, and events. It is necessary to process your Personal Data in this way for the performance of a contract between you and Zumba.
- Processing Your Order of Products/Services Through our Sites: we use relevant Personal Data (including your name, address email address, and payment details) to process and deliver your order, and to notify you of the status of your order. It is necessary to process your Personal Data in this way for the performance of a contract between you and Zumba.
- Improving our Products, Programs and Services: we will use your Personal Data to build a profile on you in order to understand how you use our products, programs and services, to develop more interesting and relevant products, programs and services, to improve our Sites, as well as to personalize the products, programs and services we offer you. We process your Personal Data in this way as it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in providing better products and services for you and our other customers.
- To Provide Customer Support: if you contact our Customer Service (or vice versa), we will use Personal Data to process your request and provide you with the best service possible. We will process your Personal Data in this way if it is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and Zumba or if it is required for us to comply with any legal obligations. If it is not necessary to process your Personal Data for either of these reasons we will process it as it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring we can provide the best service possible.
- Conducting Analytics: we will use the Personal Data we hold about you (as well as pseudonymized or anonymized information generated from your Personal Data) to carry out analysis and research. We carry out all such analysis and research on the basis that it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in understanding our customers and ensuring that our products, programs and services meet the needs of our customers and licensees. We do this in order to (i) learn more about our customers and licensees and their preferences; (ii) to identify patterns and trends amongst our customers and licensees; (iii) to enhance user experience on our Sites; (iv) to provide information, content and offerings tailored to our customers’ and licensees’ needs; (v) for general research and statistical purposes; (vi) to develop new products, programs and services; (vii) to monitor performance of our products, programs and services and/or improve our technology; (viii) to be able to send you personalized marketing messages; and (ix) to display online ads to you.
- Analyzing our Business: we will use your Personal Data (including by anonymizing and aggregating it with other data) for sales, supply chain, anti-fraud, and financial analysis purposes, to determine how we are performing and where improvements can be made and where necessary for financial reporting purposes. This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in understanding how our business is performing, and considering how to improve our business performance.
We may send you carefully selected offers from other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please indicate that you are opting out of such notification in your user profile. Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
We may partner with third-party service providers to serve ads on our behalf on non-affiliated third party websites. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information we or the online advertising network serving the ad collect about your online activities. For example, anonymous information collected across multiple websites that you visit over time may enable the ad network to predict your preferences and show you ads that are most likely to be of interest to you. Please note that we do not share any information that identifies you personally with the third party service providers who serve ads on our behalf.
To opt out of these types of ads, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative for information about how to opt-out of interest-based advertising by their members. See http://www.networkadvertising.org for general information about the NAI and http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp for the opt-out page. You may also visit http://www.aboutads.info/consumers/ to learn about online behavioral advertising and how to opt-out from online behavioral ads served by some or all participating companies. Note that if you opt-out of these types of ads, you may still see our ads at other websites, but the ads will not be tailored using third party tracking technologies associated with our Sites.
MOBILE MESSAGING TERMS
When you provide us with your mobile phone number, you are expressly agreeing that we may send you text messages (including SMS) to that phone number. You also agree to pay the charges to your wireless bill or to have them deducted from your prepaid balance for this service. You acknowledge that you are thirteen years of age or older and you have the consent of the wireless account holder. We will send you up to ten messages per month. Message and data rates apply.
Text STOP to the applicable code at any time to cancel and text HELP for help. You agree to receive a final text message confirming your opt-out. Consent is not required as a condition of purchasing any goods or services. You agree to notify us of any changes to your mobile number and update your information for us. Your carrier may prohibit or restrict certain mobile features and certain mobile features may be incompatible with your carrier or mobile device. Contact your carrier with questions regarding these issues.
We reserve the right to modify these Mobile Messaging Terms by posting new versions on this website as well as the right to provide additional notice of significant changes. Your continued use of the mobile messaging service following such changes constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
HOW WE STORE PERSONAL DATA
YOUR RIGHTS, CHOICE AND ACCESS
You may direct us not to share your Personal Data with third parties, not to use your Personal Data to provide you with information or offers, or not to send you communications by: (i) contacting us at email@example.com; or (iii) following the removal instructions in the communication you receive. Please understand that if you are a licensed My Zumba® Body Instructor or if you have purchased certain products or services from us through the Sites, we must be able to communicate with you concerning your license, your licensed status, your benefits as a licensee, and any purchases you made through our Sites.
You have the right to request access to the Personal Data we have of you. You can do this by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity. If you wish to modify, verify, correct, or update any of your Personal Data collected through the Sites, you may contact us at email@example.com. IF AT ANY POINT YOU WISH FOR US TO DELETE PERSONAL DATA ABOUT YOU, YOU CAN CONTACT US AS firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Data you have submitted through the Sites. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Data indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Data.
INTERNATIONAL PRIVACY LAWS
CALIFORNIA DO NOT TRACK NOTICE
We do not track our customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party websites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such websites, Safari 5.1+, Internet Explorer 9+, Firefox 5+ and Chrome allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
WHAT IF I LINK TO A THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE FROM THE SITES?
When you click links and/or banners that take you to third party websites, you will be subject to the third parties’ privacy policies. We urge you to read and understand the privacy policies of such websites, as their practices may differ from ours.
HOW DO WE PROTECT PERSONAL DATA?
We undertake reasonable measures, including using encryption technology, to keep your Personal Data safe. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and other personal information and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.