Many people might be thinking that to lose weight fast, they need to drastically limit their calorie intake, but starving yourself is not the most effective solution. Rather, opt for the healthiest weight loss approach. Dieticians and nutritionists agree, you have to eat to lose!
Eating and exercise go hand in hand. In achieving your desired body weight, nutrition is undeniably a part of the equation as exercise. That doesn’t mean that you need to arrive at the gym with a shopping bag full of fruits and energy drink, but that means that you need to diligently provide your body’s fueling needs for exercise. Help maximize your exercise performance by paying attention to your meals and snacks.
About an hour before a workout, opt for a combination of complex carbohydrates and protein to help boost your energy. Enjoy trying some good food choices and combinations like these:
- Apple slices and peanut butter
- Baked pita chips, grapes, and hummus
- Oatmeal mixed with blueberries, cranberries and nuts
- Chicken avocado salad stuffed pita
- Scrambled egg on toast with orange slices
- Cereals and milk
- Trail mix with nuts and dried fruit
- Chicken sandwich on whole grain bread
- Cheese crackers with cheese and tomatoes
- Cheese crackers with peanut butter and a small fruit
- A protein shake with some fruit
- Protein energy bars
- Yogurt smoothie
Remember that in order to maximize your workout, calories are a must. Don’t start your Zumba routine without consuming your pre workout meal. Provide your body the energy you need to give it your all.