Love Zumba? Of course you do! It has gained so much popularity that you can find a class at most gyms. Whether you’ve been at the Zumba party for years or you’ve just started, these six tips will help make the most of your Zumba workout!
- Choose the right gear:- Your comfort and safety should come first. Do not choose a shoe based on its cuteness factor, but opt for the ones you need. If dance-fitness is your thing, make sure to invest in a stability shoe. Zumba includes a lot of lateral movements that’s why you will need to wear shoes that support that. Pick a shoe with low tread for easier sliding and pivoting. Women should invest in a good quality sports bra while men should consider athletic support. Doing this might save you from awkward or painful mishaps in the future.
- Let Loose:- Zumba is hard to do if you’re stiff or self-conscious! Burning more calories can be best achieved if you let yourself have fun and de-stress. Express yourself. Dance like no one is watching- just lose yourself in the invigorating music and fun moves. Let go. Forget the stress you’ve accumulated the whole day and enjoy this special “me time.” Just do everything naturally and laugh a little more. Try not to mind anything about work for now. Leave your phone in your bag, if possible, so you can fully engage.
- Stretch it out:- Stretching is vital after any workout as it reduce next day soreness and increase flexibility. An additional 5-10 minutes stretch before and after your class can help decrease the risk of injury.
- Hydrate:- Drink plenty of water. It’s important to hydrate before, after and during a workout as it regulates your body temperature and lubricates your joints. Zumba is an intense cardio workout so you should expect a lot of sweating going on. You might experience dizziness if you don’t have adequate water in your body.
- Bring a friend:- Sometimes people who are newer to the experience may be a little shy. If you feel intimidated going alone to attend your first Zumba class, consider tugging a friend or a co-worker to get in on the fitness action. A Zumba class is also a great place to make new friends- enhance your Zumba experience by getting to know the people in your class. Offer to teach them with any of the steps after class. Make the whole experience memorable by sharing your passion for Zumba.
- Don’t overdo it:- Find a schedule that works for you and stick to it. Be sure to keep in mind that your body needs to rest. Muscles need time for recovery, so make sure you aren’t overdoing it. Listen to your body. Consider visiting your doctor for a check-up before starting this intense cardio workout. Also, don’t forget to tell the instructor if you have any medical problems they should be aware of (especially heart problems).