Zumba Fitness undeniably continues to sweep the world! For those who want to understand more of this Latin-inspired dance-style exercise program, here are some facts:
- Zumba is an inclusive way of exercising which anyone can participate. The classes are designed for all levels and ages of participants; for dancers and non-dancers alike. Many students have said, “It doesn’t feel like I’m exercising.” Zumba Fitness creates a non-intimidating workout environment where everyone feels accepted for who they are regardless of age, ability and/or fitness level. It doesn’t matter if you can dance because the steps are just simple enough to fall into.
- Most of the participants are female, however, the amount of male participants have increased dramatically.
- Zumba Fitness is an intense exercise program. According to HealthStatus, a 150-pound person can burn approximately 540 calories performing one hour of Zumba Classes NJ. Zumba is intended to make getting fit fun. However, it can cause injuries to those who are not prepared for the vigorous workout that it entails. It is best to consult a physician before enrolling in a Zumba Fitness class to ensure that you’re fit for it and also to avoid any injury. If you have a medical condition or have not been exercising regularly, consulting a doctor is also a must.
- An aerobics instructor in Cali, Colombia, named Alberto “Beto” Perez, created Zumba Fitness when he forgot his workout music for a class. Zumba Fitness was introduced in the U.S. in 2001 when Perez brought it to Miami, Florida.
- Alberto “Beto” Perez said that 14 million participants are taking Zumba Fitness classes every week at 140,000 locations and in 186 countries.
Are you ready to experience a Zumbamazing day?
Then now is the right time to be a part of the Zumba Fitness party! Check out My Zumba Body website here for more info: https://myzumbabody.com/
Stay updated with our special offers, activities and exciting contests. Connect with us on the popular social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Flickr and Google+
Zumba classes are held on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 7:30pm.
Location: Knights of Columbus, 106 Bergen Avenue in Ridgefield Park.